- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon filets
- Chives for garnish
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
In a small saucepan, bring the soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of the water, the vinegar, sugar, ginger, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to a boil. Stir the cornstarch together with the remaining tablespoon of water, then whisk into the teriyaki and boil until thickened, about 1 minute.
Place the salmon on an oiled baking sheet, then brush with some of the teriyaki sauce. Bake the salmon 5 minutes, the brush with more sauce. Bake another 5 minutes, then brush with any additional sauce. Continue to bake the salmon until it is just cooked through, about 5 minutes more. Serve topped with chives.