- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 chilled seedless watermelon (15 pounds), rind discarded and watermelon cubed (20 cups)
- 3/4 cup tequila blanco
- 6 limes, thinly sliced
- 3 mint sprigs, plus mint leaves for garnish
- 1 bottle chilled Prosecco
How to make this recipe
- In a small saucepan, combine the water and sugar and bring just to a boil, stirring until the sugar is completely dissolved. Transfer the simple syrup to a heatproof bowl and let cool.
- In a food processor or blender, puree the watermelon in batches until smooth. Strain the puree into a large bowl or pitcher. Stir in the simple syrup, tequila, lime slices, 3 mint sprigs and 1/2 cup of water.
- To serve, pour the watermelon agua fresca into ice-filled glasses, leaving 1 inch at the top. Top off the drinks with Prosecco and garnish with mint leaves.
The strained watermelon juice can be refrigerated overnight.