- 3 tablespoons Spanish olive oil
- 3 tablespoons tequila
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 small Spanish onion, coarsely chopped
- One 1 1/2-pound flank steak
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 12 flour tortillas
- Pico de Gallo or salsa
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
How to make this recipe
- In a large bowl combine the ingredients. Add the flank steak and toss to coat completely with the marinade. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours, turning the meat after one hour.
- 30 minutes before you are ready to cook, heat the grill. Remove the steak from the marinade and pat dry with a paper towel. Season both sides of the steak with salt and pepper. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare doneness. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Slice the steak against the grain into 1/4-inch thick diagonal strips. Serve rolled in warm tortillas with salsa, guacamole and cilantro.
The Mesa Grill Guide to Tequila