- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt
- Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the shallot and garlic and cook over moderate heat, stirring until softened, about 1 minute. Add the corn and red pepper and cook over moderately high heat just until tender, about 4 minutes. Add the cream and tequila and cook, stirring, until slightly thickened, 3 to 4 minutes. Just before serving, reheat the corn and stir in the scallions, cilantro and lime juice; season with salt.
Make AheadThe corn can be refrigerated for up to 4 hours.