- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce, minced
- One 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1/4 cup finely diced fresh pineapple
- 1 tablespoon tequila
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
How to make this recipe
In a large skillet, heat the oil. Add the onion and chipotle and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until just starting to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper, then nestle the shrimp in the sauce and cook, turning once, until just white throughout, about 5 minutes. Stir in the pineapple and tequila, garnish with cilantro and serve right away.
Fruit-forward, full-bodied California Chardonnay.