- ACTIVE: 30 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 2 HRS 10 MIN
- SERVINGS: MAKES ONE 12-INCH GALETTE CRUST
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 sticks (5 ounces) cold unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 5 tablespoons ice water
- In a bowl, using a fork, blend the flour and salt; scatter the butter on top. Using a pastry blender, cut the butter into the flour until it is the size of small peas. Sprinkle on the water and toss with the fork.
- Using your hands, press the flour mixture together to form a dough. Pat into a 6-inch disk, wrap it in plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
Serve With Strawberry-Rhubarb Galette