- One 1-lb. package tater tots, cooked according to package instructions
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups chopped Napa cabbage kimchi
- 6 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 serrano chile peppers or jalapeno peppers, thinly sliced
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 450°. Divide the cooked tater tots in 1 large or 4 small ovenproof baking dishes and arrange on a baking sheet.
In a medium saucepan, melt the butter. Add 1 cup of the kimchi and the flour and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until the kimchi is evenly coated in the flour, about 2 minutes. Stir in the milk and bring to a simmer. Cook until thickened, about 2 minutes. Season with salt. Spoon the kimchi gravy over the tater tots, then top with the cheese. Bake until the cheese melts, about 5 minutes. Top with the chile peppers and remaining ½ cup kimchi and garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve hot.
The kimchi gravy can be refrigerated overnight and reheated before using.