- SERVINGS: MAKES ENOUGH DOUGH FOR TWO 11-INCH TART SHELLS
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons chilled solid vegetable shortening
- 1 stick plus 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup ice water
- Combine the flour and salt in a food processor and pulse for a few seconds. Add the shortening and process until completely incorporated. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles small peas. Add the ice water and pulse until the dough is evenly moistened and just begins to hold together.
- Transfer the dough to a work surface and gather it into a ball. Divide the dough in half and pat each half into a 6-inch disk. Wrap the disks in plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or freeze for up to 1 month.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.