Tart Cranberry Glaze
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 1 1/2 cups
Seattle's Top Pot makes this beautiful red doughnut glaze from tart whole cranberries that are cooked until jammy, then blended with sugar and vanilla.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- In a small saucepan, combine the cranberries, granulated sugar and water and simmer, crushing the berries, until jammy, 8 minutes. Let cool slightly. Transfer to a bowl and add the confectioners' sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and salt. Using a handheld electric mixer, beat at medium speed until smooth. Use the glaze right away, or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.