© James Baigrie
Tangy Tomatillo Salad with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 35 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
Mexican cooks typically boil or roast tomatillos for tart sauces like salsa verde, but Daniel Orr likes to cut them up raw for salads. Cherry tomatoes can be added for sweetness and color.
- 1 cup loosely packed drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds large tomatillos—husked, rinsed and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 large jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- Pat the sun-dried tomatoes with paper towels and coarsely chop them. Transfer to a large bowl and add the tomatillos, jalapeño, ginger, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice and toss gently. Season with salt and pepper and let stand for 15 minutes or for up to 4 hours. Just before serving, add the cilantro.