Tangy Tabbouleh Salad
- ACTIVE: 25 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
Grace Parisi's version of this classic Middle Eastern salad is a favorite at F&W because it's got lots of greens, and the bulgur is just the right texture.
Plus: More Vegetable Recipes and Tips
- 1 cup medium bulgur, rinsed (6 ounces)
- Hot water
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound plum tomatoes—halved, seeded and coarsely chopped (2 cups)
- 4 scallions, white and tender green parts only, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley plus 1/3 cup whole leaves
- 1/3 cup finely chopped mint
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large bowl, cover the bulgur with 2 inches of hot water and let soak for 20 minutes. Drain the bulgur in a fine sieve, pressing hard to release any excess water. Wipe out the bowl.
- In the large bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the olive oil. Add the bulgur, tomatoes, scallions, chopped parsley and whole parsley leaves and mint. Season with salt and pepper and toss. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Make AheadThe tabbouleh can be made about 8 hours before serving.