- 4 ounces sun-dried tomatoes (not oil packed), about 1 1/2 cups
- 4 ounces pitted kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 slice of white sandwich bread, torn
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Breadsticks and assorted crudités such as fennel wedges, baby carrots, radishes, celery sticks and endive spears, for serving
How to make this recipe
- In a small bowl, soak the tomatoes in hot water until softened, about 20 minutes; drain.
- In a food processor, combined the softened tomatoes, olives, capers, garlic, bread, red pepper, balsamic and red wine vinegars and the oregano and puree to a chunky paste. With the machine on, add the oil and process to a fine paste. Add 1/4 cup of warm water and process until slightly creamy. Scrape into a bowl and serve with the crudités.
The dip can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.