Tangy Sun-Dried Tomato and Olive Dip
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8 to 10
“My mom used to make this sun-dried tomato dip to spread on grilled cheddar sandwiches,” says Michael White. He serves it with crudités.
- 4 ounces sun-dried tomatoes (not oil packed), about 1 1/2 cups
- 4 ounces pitted kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 slice of white sandwich bread, torn
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Breadsticks and assorted crudités such as fennel wedges, baby carrots, radishes, celery sticks and endive spears, for serving
- In a small bowl, soak the tomatoes in hot water until softened, about 20 minutes; drain.
- In a food processor, combined the softened tomatoes, olives, capers, garlic, bread, red pepper, balsamic and red wine vinegars and the oregano and puree to a chunky paste. With the machine on, add the oil and process to a fine paste. Add 1/4 cup of warm water and process until slightly creamy. Scrape into a bowl and serve with the crudités.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.