Tangy Shrimp Salad
- SERVINGS: 8
The diced cucumbers and tomatoes in this wonderfully refreshing salad become watery if left for too long in the vinaigrette, so add them just before serving.
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds kirby cucumbers, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 pound tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, separated into leaves
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Stir in the shrimp and cook until white throughout and curled, about 1 minute. Drain the shrimp and rinse under cold water. Pat dry and spread on a platter to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the lime juice with the garlic. Whisk in the olive oil. Add the shrimp, cucumbers, tomatoes and parsley, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Line a platter with lettuce leaves, mound the shrimp salad on top and serve.
Make AheadThe cooked shrimp can be refrigerated overnight.