Tangy Roasted Beet Salad
- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
Roasting the beets for this salad concentrates their naturally earthy flavor. You can save time by spreading the beets in a cake pan or on a small baking sheet and covering the pan with foil rather than wrapping each beet individually.
- 3 pounds medium beets
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Coarse sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the beets in a cake pan and cover with foil. Bake the beets until tender, about 1 1/2 hours. Let the beets cool slightly, then peel and cut them into 1/4-inch-thick strips.
- In a large bowl, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, paprika and cumin. Add the beets and toss to coat. Season the salad with salt and toss again. Serve at room temperature or lightly chilled.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.