- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons whole milk yogurt or sour cream
- 4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup grapeseed or vegetable oil
- 1 scallion, minced
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a small bowl, using the back of a spoon, mash the garlic to a paste with a large pinch of salt. Add the buttermilk, mayonnaise, yogurt and vinegar and whisk until smooth. In a thin, steady stream, whisk in the oil. Stir in the scallion. Season with salt and a generous pinch each of pepper and cayenne.
Make AheadThe dressing can be refrigerated in a jar for up to 5 days.
NotesApplications: Use as a dipping sauce for fresh vegetables. Use as a marinade for chicken or pork. Toss with steamed vegetables, a green salad or a grape-tomato-and-red-onion salad, or with boiled or roasted potatoes.