Tangy Ranch Dip Duo
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes about 2 2/3 cups
This recipe begins with a bowl of creamy ranch dip; spoon half of it into another bowl and doctor it with cooked tomato paste and the Tunisian chile paste harissa.
Plus: F&W's Appetizers Cooking Guide
Party Dips and Spreads
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups whole-milk plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon harissa or hot sauce
- Using the side of a knife, mash the garlic with a pinch of salt to a smooth paste. Transfer the garlic to a bowl and whisk in the yogurt, mayonnaise, buttermilk and pepper. Season with salt. Divide the dip into two bowls.
- In a small skillet, cook the oil, tomato paste and harissa over moderately low heat, stirring, until lightly browned, 2 minutes. Let cool slightly, then whisk the mixture into one bowl of dip. Serve the dips side by side.
Creamy, rich sparkling wine: NV Taltarni Brut Taché.