Tangy Mung Bean Salad
- ACTIVE: 25 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 6
Musa Dagdeviren improves on a classic mung-bean recipe from Gaziantep by adding a tangy and slightly spicy dressing.
- 1/2 pound dried mung beans (see Note)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon pomegranate molasses (see Note)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 8 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- In a saucepan of boiling water, add the mung beans and bring back to a boil. Simmer over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the beans are tender, 30 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- In a large bowl, mix the olive oil with the lemon juice, minced garlic, pomegranate molasses and crushed red pepper; season with salt. Add the drained mung beans, sliced scallions, red bell peppers, parsley, mint and dill to the dressing and toss well. Season the dressing with salt. Serve the salad at room temperature or slightly chilled.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.