Tangy Lemon Curd
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN Plus cooling
- SERVINGS: Makes 2 cups
Serve any leftovers of this delightfully sweet and tart citrus curd with plain butter cookies, gingerbread or toast.
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unflavored powdered gelatin dissolved in 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- In a medium heatproof bowl, whisk the eggs with the sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice. Set the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and whisk over moderate heat until thickened, about 6 minutes. Whisk in the gelatin until melted. Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter. Strain the lemon curd through a fine sieve and refrigerate until chilled and set, about 1 hour.
Make AheadThe lemon curd can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.