Tangy Hibiscus-Lime Iced Tea
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 4 HRS
- SERVINGS: makes about 2 quarts
F&W's Melissa Rubel Jacobson created this refreshing, sweet-tart iced tea.
- 1 cup each of sugar and warm water
- Zest of 4 limes, removed in strips
- 8 cups cold water
- 3/4 cup dried hibiscus flowers (see Note)
- Ice cubes
- In a small saucepan, bring the sugar, warm water and lime zest to a boil. Remove from the heat and let steep for 30 minutes. Strain into a measuring cup.
- In a large saucepan, bring the cold water and hibiscus flowers to a boil. Remove from the heat; let steep for 20 minutes. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Strain the tea into a pitcher. Stir in 1/2 cup of the lime syrup, or more to taste. Serve the tea in tall glasses over ice.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.