Tangy Goat Cheese Dressing
- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 1 CUP
A little of a strongly flavored, rich-tasting ingredient, such as goat cheese or miso, balances the tart edge in a low-fat dressing.
Serve with arugula, Boston lettuce, watercress or pear slices; omit the scallion if serving with fruit.
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch of superfine sugar
- 2 tablespoons low-fat (1.5%) buttermilk
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced scallion
- In a small bowl, stir the goat cheese, vinegar, mustard and sugar until smooth. Stir in the buttermilk and 2 tablespoons of water until smooth; if necessary, stir in more water. Season with salt and white pepper. Stir in the scallion just before serving.
Make AheadThe dressing can be refrigerated, covered, for up to 3 days.
NotesOne Tablespoon Calories 16 kcal, Protein 1 gm, Carbohydrate .3 gm, Cholesterol 4 mg, Total Fat 1.3 gm, Saturated Fat .9 gm.