Tangy Cucumber Soup
- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
To turn this tangy and refreshing yogurt-based soup into a terrific light meal, simply add poached shrimp.
- 2 pounds Persian or English cucumbers, halved lengthwise, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 small garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill, plus sprigs for garnish
- Kosher salt
- In a blender, puree the cucumbers, yogurt, lemon juice and garlic. With the machine on, gradually add the 1/2 cup of oil until incorporated. Transfer to a bowl, stir in the chopped dill and season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, 30 minutes. Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and dill sprigs.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.