Tangy Corn Salsa
- SERVINGS: Makes about 1 1/2 cups
At Zafra, Maricel Presilla accents her Ecuadoran chowders, as well as grilled chicken and fish, with this crisp salsa. To turn up the heat, add 1 finely chopped fresh chile, such as cayenne or serrano.
More Terrific Condiments
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen corn kernels
- 3 plum tomatoes—peeled, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 scallions, minced
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped cilantro
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a small saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the corn until just tender, about 3 minutes for fresh or 1 minute for frozen. Drain and let cool; pat dry.
- In a small bowl, toss the corn with the tomatoes, scallions, cilantro and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper and let stand at least 1 hour before serving.
Make AheadThe salsa can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.