- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons anise seeds, crushed
- 4 cups chicken stock
- Two 15-ounce cans chickpeas, rinsed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 12 black or green olives
How to make this recipe
- Heat 1/4 cup of the olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion, cover partially and cook over moderate heat until softened, about 7 minutes. Stir in the crushed red pepper and anise and cook for 2 minutes. Add the stock and chickpeas, season with salt and pepper and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice, mustard and parsley. Garnish with the olives, drizzle with olive oil and serve.
One Serving 354 cal, 23.1 gm fat, 2.9 gm saturated fat, 27 gm carb, 8.6 gm fiber.