- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 medium head of green cabbage, shredded (8 cups)
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/4 cup snipped chives
How to make this recipe
- In a small bowl, soak the raisins in hot water for 10 minutes. Drain, pressing out any liquid.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the red wine vinegar with the whole-grain mustard and sugar. Whisk in the grapeseed and walnut oils and season the dressing with salt and pepper. Add the shredded cabbage, carrot, onion, chives and raisins and toss the salad well. Season with salt and pepper and toss the salad again. Refrigerate until chilled, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl and serve.