Tangy Broccoli Salad with Buttermilk Dressing
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 small garlic clove, smashed
- Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound broccoli—cut into 1-inch florets, stems peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces thickly sliced bacon, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 medium sweet onion, such as Vidalia, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/2 cup crumbled Roquefort cheese (about 2 ounces)
- In a small bowl, mash the garlic with a large pinch of salt. Whisk in the olive oil and mustard, then whisk in the buttermilk in a thin stream. Add the herbes de Provence and a pinch of pepper and let the dressing stand for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, steam the broccoli florets until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Plunge the florets into a bowl of ice water. Drain well and pat dry.
- In a medium skillet, cook the bacon over moderately high heat until browned, about 5 minutes; drain.
- In a large bowl, toss the broccoli florets and stems with the sliced onion and the dressing. Sprinkle with the Roquefort and bacon and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.