© Lucy Schaeffer
Tangy Apple Salad
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
New Orleans chef Donald Link serves this salad with Andouille and Sweet Potato Pie.
More Apple Recipes
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Pinch of sugar
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and cut into thin matchsticks
- Two 6-ounce bunches watercress, thick stems discarded
- In a large bowl, whisk the cider vinegar with the sugar and buttermilk. Gradually whisk in the vegetable oil and season the cider dressing with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add the apple matchsticks and watercress and toss to coat the salad. Serve the apple salad right away.
Make AheadThe dressing can be refrigerated overnight.