- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN plus 2 hr marinating
- SERVINGS: 8
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground fenugreek
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups plain low-fat yogurt (not Greek)
- 1/4 cup canola oil, plus more for grilling
- 8 skinless center-cut salmon fillets (about 8 ounces each)
- Grilled naan, for serving
- Cilantro sprigs, for serving
- Cucumber salad, for serving
- Using the side of a chef’s knife, mash the garlic and ginger to a paste. Scrape the paste into a medium bowl and add the coriander, cumin, paprika, fenugreek, turmeric, cayenne, cloves and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Add the yogurt and the 1/4 cup of oil and whisk until smooth. In a glass baking dish, coat the salmon with the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 4 hours.
- Light a grill. Oil the grill grates and oil a fish basket. Scrape off the excess marinade and lightly brush the fish with oil. Grill over moderate heat, turning once or twice, until golden in spots and nearly cooked through, about 8 minutes. Transfer the salmon to a platter and serve with grilled naan, cilantro sprigs and cucumber salad.
Citrusy, medium-bodied white.