- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 1 large garlic clove, mashed
- 2 1/2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 3/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Two 3/4-pound pork tenderloins, each cut crosswise into 6 slices and pounded 1/2-inch thick
- 2 large mangoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the ground coriander, cumin, fennel, cayenne, turmeric, cinnamon and cloves with the garlic, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the ginger and the yogurt. Season with salt and pepper. Add the pork to the marinade and turn to coat. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss the mangoes with the remaining 1 teaspoon of ginger and the jalapeño and lime juice. Season lightly with salt.
- Light a grill. Lightly oil the grate with some of the olive oil. Remove the pork from the marinade and scrape off some of the excess. Brush the pork with the remaining olive oil on both sides and season lightly with salt. Grill the pork over a hot fire, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer the pork to a platter and serve with the mango salad.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.