Taiwanese Sesame Cucumbers
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 12
- 3 seedless cucumbers, chilled in the freezer for 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup toasted sesame oil
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 scallions, coarsely chopped
- Cut the cucumbers lengthwise into eighths, then cut them crosswise into 2-inch-long sticks. In a large bowl, combine the sesame oil, vinegar and a large pinch of salt. Add the cucumbers and toss well. Let stand for 10 minutes, tossing a few times.
- In a mini food processor, combine the sesame seeds, crushed red pepper and 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt. Process until the sesame seeds are coarsely chopped. Add half of the mixture to the cucumbers and toss well. Arrange the cucumbers on a platter. Sprinkle with the remaining sesame seed mixture and the scallions and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.