- SERVINGS: Makes about 2 cups
For easy blending, bring the tahini paste to room temperature or warm it slightly in the microwave before adding the lemon juice; don't worry when it seizes up. Adding the water gives the sauce a creamy texture.
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup tahini paste, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup water
- Nigella seeds, for garnish (optional)
- In a medium bowl, toss the onion with the cumin and pepper.
- In a small bowl, using a whisk, work the lemon juice into the tahini. Gradually whisk in the water until smooth. Season with salt. Stir the sauce into the onion, then stir well and garnish with nigella seeds.