- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup tahini paste, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup water
- Nigella seeds, for garnish (optional)
How to make this recipe
In a medium bowl, toss the onion with the cumin and pepper.
In a small bowl, using a whisk, work the lemon juice into the tahini. Gradually whisk in the water until smooth. Season with salt. Stir the sauce into the onion, then stir well and garnish with nigella seeds.
The sauce can be refrigerated overnight. Bring to room temperature before serving.