- One 15-ounce can chickpeas (about 1 1/2 cups), rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons water
- One baguette, cut into 10 1-inch thick slices, toasted
- 1/4 cup raw honey for drizzling
- Flaky sea salt, for sprinkling
- Freshly ground black pepper
How to make this recipe
In the bowl of a food processor, combine the chickpeas, tahini, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, cumin, cayenne pepper, and salt, and process until smooth. Adjust the consistency of the hummus with 3 tablespoons of water and scrape down the sides of the bowl. Pulse a few more times until incorporated and smooth. Taste to adjust for seasoning and transfer to a bowl or airtight container.
To serve, toast the baguette slices lightly until they’re crispy on the edges but still soft in the center. Top each slice with a heaping spoonful of the hummus, about 2 tablespoons. Drizzle each slice with about a 1/2 tablespoon or so of the honey. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
The hummus can be refrigerated for up to 1 week. Bring to room temperature to serve.