- 2 large slender eggplants (about 2 1/2 pounds total), peeled and sliced lengthwise 1 1/4 inches thick
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup tahini, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 500°. Brush the eggplant slices with 1/4 cup of the olive oil and arrange them on a large rimmed baking sheet. Season the eggplant with salt and pepper and roast on the bottom shelf of the oven for about 15 minutes, until tender and browned on the bottom.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the tahini with the honey, lemon juice, garlic and the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the broiler. Flip the eggplant slices so the browned side is up and spread them with an even layer of the tahini mixture. Broil the eggplant, rotating the pan as necessary, until the tahini sauce is browned. Serve at once with lemon wedges.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.