- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 1/2 teaspoons each of chopped rosemary and sage
- Coarse sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 boneless rib eye steak, cut 2 inches thick (2 1/4 pounds)
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch of arugula
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Preheat a cast-iron skillet. In a bowl, mix the garlic, rosemary, sage, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Rub the mixture all over the steak. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the skillet. Add the steak and cook over moderate heat until browned all over. Stand the steak on its side and roast it in the oven for 20 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 135°. Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes, then slice. Spread the arugula on a platter and top with the steak. Drizzle with oil and lemon juice and top with the cheese shavings.
The Tuscan Brunello di Montalcino is a natural partner for this Tuscan steak.