Tabbouleh with Mint, Cilantro and Chives
- SERVINGS: 4
More Terrific Salads
- 1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup chicken stock or canned low-sodium broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 thyme sprig
- 1 1/2 cups coarse bulgur wheat (1/2 pound)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons minced mint
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- Freshly ground pepper
- On a work surface, using the side of a knife, mash the garlic with 1 teaspoon of salt to make a paste.
- In a small saucepan, combine the stock with the water, shallot, thyme and garlic paste and bring to a boil.
- Put the bulgur in a heatproof bowl and pour the seasoned stock over it. Stir, cover and let stand until the bulgur has absorbed all of the liquid and is tender, about 40 minutes. Discard the thyme sprig and stir in the lemon juice, olive oil, chives, mint and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper and serve at room temperature or chilled.
Make AheadThe tabbouleh can be refrigerated for 4 hours.
NotesOne Serving Calories 291 kcal, Total Fat 8.8 gm, Saturated Fat 1.4 gm, Protein 10 gm, Carbohydrates 47 gm.