- 3/4 cup bulgur (about 4 ounces), rinsed
- 3/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (1 large bunch)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 6 scallions, white and tender green, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Generous pinch of cayenne pepper
How to make this recipe
- Put the bulgur in a medium bowl and add hot water to cover by at least 2 inches. Let soak for 15 minutes. Drain the bulgur in a fine sieve, pressing on the grains to extract excess water. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the parsley, mint, scallions, oil and lemon juice and toss. Season with salt, black pepper and cayenne and toss. Cover and let stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
The tabbouleh can be refrigerated for 1 day. Let return to room temperature before serving.