- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 half red bell pepper, seeds and stems removed, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley stems, finely chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 2-3 whole Chile Dírbol
- 1/4 cup Champagne (white wine) vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce, or to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (optional)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1 inch squares
- Lemon juice to taste
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in heavy bottom sauce pan over medium heat. Add shallots, celery, bell pepper, and garlic.
- Sauté for 2 minutes, until soft; do not brown. Add parsley, thyme, peppercorns and chilies. Sauté 1 minute, then deglaze with vinegar and white wine. Reduce liquid to sec (almost dry). Add Tabasco and heavy cream. Bring to a boil and cook about two minutes until cream is thick. Remove sauce from heat and whisk in butter one piece at a time into sauce. Strain through fine sieve. Season with lemon juice and salt. Keep warm until ready to use.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.