© Tina Rupp
T-Bone Churrasco a la Plancha
- ACTIVE: 30 MIN
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 2
- 2 T-bone steaks (about 3/4 pound), cut 1/2 inch thick
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped oregano
- 1 large roasted red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch strips (3/4 cup)
- 3/4 pound fingerling potatoes
- 2 small onions, thinly sliced
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- Kosher salt
- 2 cups chopped beet greens
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Crushed red pepper
- Rub the steaks with 2 tablespoons of the oil and the oregano and let stand for 30 minutes. In a medium saucepan, combine the pepper, potatoes, onions, bay leaves, stock, water and 2 tablespoons of the oil. Season with salt and bring to a boil. Cook over moderately high heat for 30 minutes. Drain, discard the bay leaves and return the vegetables to the saucepan. Coarsely mash the potatoes with a fork. Fold in the beet greens and season with salt, black pepper and crushed red pepper.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Add the potato hash and press into a round. Cook over moderately high heat until crusty on the bottom, 5 minutes. Carefully flip the hash (in parts if necessary) and cook until browned on the other side. Transfer to a plate.
- Preheat a griddle. Add the steaks, season with salt and pepper and cook over high heat until well-browned, 3 minutes. Flip the steaks and cook for 2 minutes. Serve the steaks right away with the hash.