- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh oregano
- Four 5-ounce swordfish steaks, about 1 inch thick
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Light a grill. In a large nonreactive baking dish, combine 2 teaspoons of the oil with the lemon juice and oregano. Add the swordfish, turn to coat and let marinate for 5 minutes.
- Using a damp paper towel, coat the grill with the remaining 1 teaspoon of oil. Remove the swordfish from the marinade and season with salt and pepper. Grill over a medium-hot fire, turning once, until browned and just cooked through, about 10 minutes.
Pair with a medium-bodied, slightly grassy California Chardonnay like Iron Horse's Fumé Blanc.