- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh oregano
- Four 5-ounce swordfish steaks, about 1 inch thick
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Light a grill. In a large nonreactive baking dish, combine 2 teaspoons of the oil with the lemon juice and oregano. Add the swordfish, turn to coat and let marinate for 5 minutes.
- Using a damp paper towel, coat the grill with the remaining 1 teaspoon of oil. Remove the swordfish from the marinade and season with salt and pepper. Grill over a medium-hot fire, turning once, until browned and just cooked through, about 10 minutes.
NotesOne Serving Calories 175 kcal, Protein 25 gm, Carbohydrate .6 gm, Cholesterol 49 mg, Total Fat 7.4 gm, Saturated Fat 1.7 gm.
Pair with a medium-bodied, slightly grassy California Chardonnay like Iron Horse's Fumé Blanc.