© James Ransom
- SERVINGS: 4
From Tamara Murphy, a 1994 Best New Chef.
Slideshow: More Incredible Seafood Recipes
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded
- 1 tablespoon pimentón or other paprika
- 8 saffron threads
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- One 2-pound swordfish steak, 1 inch thick
- 1 cup pitted green olives, quartered
- Lemon slices, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a food processor, combine the parsley, cilantro, garlic, lemon juice, jalapeño, pimentón, saffron, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper; process until chopped. With the machine on, slowly add the olive oil and process until emulsified.
- Season the swordfish with salt and pepper. In a glass baking dish, pour the marinade over the fish; turn to coat. Bake the fish for 18 to 20 minutes, or until just cooked through. Transfer to a platter, spoon the marinade on top and garnish with the olives and lemon slices.