Swordfish Steaks with Mint and Garlic
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 10
Rafaella Giamundo always cooks the fish in plenty of olive oil, to make extra of the delicious pan juices for dipping bread.
- 4 pounds swordfish steaks, about 1/2 inch thick
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 packed cup mint leaves
- Season the swordfish with salt and pepper. In each of 2 very large skillets, heat 1/2 cup of the olive oil until shimmering. Add the swordfish in a single layer along with the garlic and vinegar. Cover and cook over moderate heat until the fish is opaque throughout, about 5 minutes. Add the mint leaves and cook until wilted. Using a slotted spatula, transfer the swordfish to a large platter. Pour half of the pan juices on top and serve immediately. Pass the remaining pan juices separately.