- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
Giada De Laurentiis, host of Food Network's Everyday Italian and Behind the Bash, cuts swordfish into chunks and cooks them on skewers so the fish is done extra fast. Alternatively, "I like to skewer the swordfish on rosemary sticks before grilling them," De Laurentiis says. "The rosemary sticks infuse the fish with such a nice flavor."
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless swordfish steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 slices of pancetta or bacon
- Light a grill. In a medium bowl, mix the oil with the herbes de Provence and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Add the swordfish cubes and toss to coat. Thread one sixth of the swordfish cubes and 1 slice of pancetta onto each of 6 skewers (or soaked rosemary sprigs), wrapping the pancetta around the fish as you go.
- Grill the spiedini over high heat, turning occasionally, until the swordfish is cooked through and lightly charred, 8 to 9 minutes. Transfer to plates and serve.
The medium-bodied white wines of Sicily, typically made from a blend of native grapes like Inzolia and Catarratto, match well with swordfish.