- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless swordfish steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 slices of pancetta or bacon
How to make this recipe
Light a grill. In a medium bowl, mix the oil with the herbes de Provence and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Add the swordfish cubes and toss to coat. Thread one sixth of the swordfish cubes and 1 slice of pancetta onto each of 6 skewers (or soaked rosemary sprigs), wrapping the pancetta around the fish as you go.
Grill the <em>spiedini</em> over high heat, turning occasionally, until the swordfish is cooked through and lightly charred, 8 to 9 minutes. Transfer to plates and serve.
The medium-bodied white wines of Sicily, typically made from a blend of native grapes like Inzolia and Catarratto, match well with swordfish.