- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4 to 6
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons table salt
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds swordfish steaks, cut 1/2 inch thick
- Light a grill or preheat the broiler. In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice with the salt until the salt dissolves. Stir in the oregano. Slowly whisk in the olive oil and season generously with pepper.
- Grill the swordfish steaks over high heat (as close to the heat as possible), turning once, until cooked through, 6 to 7 minutes. Transfer the fish to a platter. Prick each fish steak in several places with a fork to allow the sauce to penetrate. Using a spoon, beat the sauce, then drizzle it over the fish. Serve at once.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.