Swordfish Kebabs with Summer Herb Pesto
- ACTIVE: 30 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 pound skinless swordfish steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- One 2-inch piece of ginger, halved and smashed
- 1 stalk of lemongrass, bottom 6 inches of the tender inner bulb only, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 16 cipollina onions, peeled
- 1 fennel bulb, cored and cut into 1-inch dice
- 1 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- Summer Herb Pesto
- Aged balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- Finely grated zest of 1/2 orange, for garnish
- In a bowl, toss the swordfish with the garlic, ginger, lemongrass, 1/4 cup of the vegetable oil and a generous pinch each of salt and pepper. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Add the onions and cook over moderate heat until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Add the fennel and cook until lightly browned and crisp-tender, about 2 minutes longer.
- Remove the swordfish from the marinade, scraping off the solids. Thread the swordfish, onions, fennel, zucchini and tomatoes onto eight 10-inch skewers and season the kebabs with salt and pepper.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Grill the kebabs over high heat, turning, until lightly charred and the fish is nearly cooked through, about 5 minutes. Spread the Summer Herb Pesto on a large platter and arrange the kebabs on top. Drizzle lightly with balsamic vinegar, garnish with the orange zest and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.