Swordfish Kebabs with Lemon and Bay Leaves
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
This recipe is Eveline Zoutendijk's version of the juicy, smoky fish kebabs served at the White Dolphin restaurant.
- 24 bay leaves, preferably Turkish
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless swordfish steaks (1 inch thick), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 lemons, each cut into 8 wedges
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Light a grill. Soak the bay leaves in hot water for 10 minutes, then drain. Alternately thread the swordfish, bay leaves and lemon wedges onto skewers. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the kebabs over high heat, turning occasionally, until the fish is cooked through and the lemons are charred in spots, about 5 minutes. Serve right away.