Swiss Chard With Pancetta
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4 to 6
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces pancetta, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 1 1/2 pounds Swiss chard or rainbow chard, stems and inner ribs cut into 1/2-inch pieces, leaves cut into 1-inch ribbons
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- Heat the oil in a large, deep skillet. Add the pancetta, garlic and rosemary and cook over moderately high heat until the garlic is softened, about 2 minutes. Add the chard stems and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender and lightly browned, about 7 minutes. Add the chard leaves, season with salt and pepper and cook, tossing, until wilted, about 5 minutes. Stir in the vinegar, toss to coat and serve.
Make Ahead The chard can be refrigerated overnight; rewarm before serving.