- 2 cups raspberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted pistachios
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a medium saucepan, combine the raspberries and blackberries with the granulated sugar, water, vanilla and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer over moderate heat, stirring often. Stir in the cornstarch mixture and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 1 minute.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites until they hold very soft peaks. Gradually beat in the superfine sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, and continue beating until glossy peaks form, about 3 minutes longer. Gently swirl in 3/4 cup of the berry mixture, leaving streaks in the beaten whites.
- Spoon the remaining berry mixture into six 1/2-cup ramekins. Top with the soufflé mixture, mounding it slightly. Sprinkle with the pistachios. Bake the soufflés for 6 minutes, or until golden on top. Serve.