Swifty's Cobb Salad
- SERVINGS: 6
This Mortimer's classic is a hybrid of a Cobb salad and a chopped salad.
- 2 bunches of stemmed watercress
- 1 medium head romaine lettuce
- 1 medium head Boston lettuce
- 3/4 pound diced cooked chicken
- 8 slices crumbled crisp bacon
- 3 chopped hard-cooked eggs
- 2 diced tomatoes
- 1 diced Hass avocado
- 8 chopped chives
- 2 ounces crumbled Roquefort cheese
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Chop 2 bunches of stemmed watercress and 1 medium head each of romaine and Boston lettuce. Toss with 3/4 pound diced cooked chicken, 8 slices crumbled crisp bacon, 3 chopped hard-cooked eggs, 2 diced tomatoes, 1 diced Hass avocado, 8 chopped chives and 2 ounces crumbled Roquefort cheese. In a small bowl, mix 1 minced garlic clove, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard and 1 tablespoon mayonnaise. Add 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar, 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil and salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the salad, toss and serve immediately.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.