Sweet Tart Shells
- SERVINGS: MAKES TWO 10-INCH TART SHELLS
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks (1/2 pound) unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces and chilled
- 1 large egg yolk
- 6 tablespoons ice water
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Let the dough stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out each disk to a 12-inch round about 3/8 inch thick. Fit the dough into two 10-inch fluted tart pans with removable bottoms. Trim off any excess dough. Line each shell with foil and fill with pie weights or dried beans.
- Bake the shells for 25 minutes, or until just set and slightly dry. Remove the foil and weights and bake the shells for 5 to 10 minutes longer, until dry and lightly golden. Transfer to racks; let cool.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.