- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried onion
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 pounds chicken wingettes and drumettes (see Note)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons red hot sauce, preferably Frank's Red Hot
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper jelly, melted
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 500°. Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray with vegetable oil. In a bowl, mix the flour with the salt, garlic, onion and paprika. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Spread the chicken on the baking sheet in a single layer and spray with vegetable oil. Roast the chicken for 45 minutes, turning once or twice, until browned and crispy.
In a bowl, whisk the hot sauce with the butter and hot pepper jelly. Add the chicken wings to the sauce and serve.
Wingettes and drumettes are often sold separately.