© James Baigrie
Sweet Spiced Chicken Breasts with Anisette
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Aguardiente de anís, a clear, anise-flavored brandy, complements the cinnamon and other spices in this succulent chicken dish. Use dry aguardiente or substitute Pernod.
Quick Chicken Recipes
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon anisette or Pernod
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 6 ounces each)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- In a small bowl, stir together the wine, water and anisette. In another small bowl, combine the ground cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Add the chicken breasts and cook over high heat until browned on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Turn the chicken and scatter the garlic in the skillet.
- Sprinkle the spices over the chicken. Pour the wine mixture into the skillet, cover and simmer over moderate heat until the chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Transfer the chicken to plates, spoon the sauce on top, and serve right away.